- Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) Consisting representation of stakeholders & meeting once in a year to review & priority setting
- Demonstration Units : Location specific to educate farmers
- Crop Cafeteria : Providing options to farmers to select from
- Diagnostic and Advisory Services : Diagnostic & advisory at Farm Science Centre Expert visit to Farmers field
- Seed, planting material production and other products as technology inputs
- Revolving fund : Maintenance of account, use for farm related activities
- Technology backstopping by Agricultural Universities/Research organizations
- Diverse agro climatic settings
- Harnessing Human Capital
- Flagship programmes
- Visibility, vibrancy & effectiveness of Farm Science Centre
- Specialization & excellence
- Agro advisory & agricutural alert
- Documentation of innovation, cases & success stories
- Farmers reach (footprints)- Farm Science Centre outreach
- Increasing expectations
- Challenging – coordination & monitoring
- Food security
- Livestock, poultry & fisheries development
- Resource conservation
- Climate resilience
- Water harvesting
- Quality production
- Post-harvest & value addition
- Drudgery reductionï¿½
Functions of K.V.K
- Skill oriented Training for Practicing Farmers.
- Training for Extension Functionaries.
- Vocational Training for Rural Youth.
- Front Line Demonstration on Crops & others.
- Extension Activities e.g. Field Days, Kisan Mela and Exhibition, Farmers Educational Tour, Vaccination Camp, Diagnostic Service, Advisory/Enquiry Service, Publication of Leaflets, Charts, etc., Preparation of A.V. aids.
- On-farm Testing.
- Technology extension and research link-up.
- Taking Injectable trenbolone for sale up watershed based development activity.